Saturday 21 March 2015

Circular No 698









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 21 of March 2015 No. 698
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
On Monday I took the first train to Valencia to visit my other son.
The trip took one and half hours at 300kph.
The only thing missing in the train were the safety belts in each seat.
Here in Valencia, at this time of the year, it is the feast of Fallas, in honour of the local Virgin, La Virgen de los Desamparados, a two week event that is celebrated terminating on the day of St. Joseph.
Today on the 17th I am going to see my first Mascleta at 13:00 in front of the government´s house the Ayuntamiento in the centre of the city.
There are going to be hundreds of spectators defying the loud explosions that make everyone's heart and body pound.
I am including a couple of photos of my private collection.
For more interesting movies please look up Fallas Valencia 2015, maybe I appear in the You Tube videos??
A similar show was performed last night, or better yet, this morning at 01:00, the temperature was a nice 12 degree, with no wind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Nigel Boos
Mar 9
Robert,
Rather than me trying to answer the questions that are beginning to come in, may I invite you to get back to us and tell us a little about yourself?
For instance, when did you attend school at MSB?
Who do you remember from your class?
Were you in the Scout Troop?
Were you in the band?
Did you play soccer? Cricket? Tennis? Did you swim?
Were you a member of the Aqualads?
What was your last Form at MSB?
Do you remember any of the teachers? The monks? 
Now that you are a working man, what have you worked at in your life?
Where are you based? Are you married / single?
Have you any kids? Where do you now live?
Is there anything at all that you would like to know about the Abbey School alumni?
We can certainly try to help you with that information.
Finally, do you have a decent recent picture of yourself?
Maybe you can send that to us as well.
Kazim, over to you.  It might be an idea to send Robert a copy of the current database.
This should answer some of his questions.
Regards, everyone.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 2:03 PM,
Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca> wrote:
Hi again, Robert.
Your memory is great, for an old guy.
But I really doubt that you’d remember me, to be sure, because I left MSB in 1960, long before you arrived in 1967.
Must be some other handsome dude you remember. (There weren’t too many of us.)
Nigel Boos
 ----------------------------------------------------------.
On Mar 8, 2015, at 9:09 AM,
Robert PREVOT <r.prevot@orange.fr> wrote:
Hi Nigel,
I was at MSB 67/68/69 with:
Garth Alexander;
Michael Healy, his brother was there too;
Michael Dvorak;
Brothers Malaver;
Michael Laughlin, (Specks, also responsible for MSB cinema);
Peter & Michael Quesnel;
Baptiste, the tall American guy, used to play music for us;
Nazi (Lew Rony) he was playing basketball with me (MSB team);
Polderman brother, the big brother was the swimming champ of MSB team;
Michael McCartney, guitar player of MSB band, and others.........
I remember you, Nigel.
40 years ago, that was the good time.
I'm still in contact with Garth, Tim, and Peter.
I tried to get in contact with Specks by Facebook, no answer.  Anyhow I'm glad to hear from you
Hope to read you again.
Robert
 --------------------------------------------------------------.
Message du 07/03/15 21:49
De : "Nigel Boos" <nigelboos@yahoo.ca>
Hello, Robert,
Thanks for responding to my Facebook note.
I prefer to chat via email because I find FB too invasive.
However, it was great hearing from you and now that I have reached this far, let me tell you that we have been slowly developing our MSB Old Boy connections, to the point where we now have some 500+ emails for a total alumni population of about 1500, of whom some 300 might have gone to the great water-hole in the sky.
Ladislao Kertesz (Venezuela - MSB Class of 1960/1) initiated this group about 14 years ago, and we’ve had many reunions, get-togethers, emails, etc. since then, in one country of the other, and I believe the effort has been well worth it, helping us all to re-connect with our old classmates of long ago.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy making contact with the other guys as well, so I’m passing you on to both Kazim Abasali (Class of 1972) and to Ladislao, who, I’m sure will bring you up to speed.
All you other guys who receive this email - please welcome Robert Prevot into the fold. 
Robert, here we go. . . . good luck with all your new old contacts
Nigel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: March 7, 2015 at 5:47:29 PM EST
From: Attila GYURIS <gyuris@yahoo.com>
Nigel:
What period and class was he in the Mount?
Attila Gyuris
1964-1969
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Doug Houk <houkdoug@yahoo.com>   
19 march
Hi there, Ladislao,
I am an ex Mount boy
Of course I am old I have been living in Vnzla for the last 32 yrs
I met one of the old boys in Caracas but I didn't follow up on it as far as trying to make contact with any other Vens which was stupid of me as I would have liked to have got together with a Bunch of them now and then.
I´m persona non grata over there because I´m a Norte Americano.
I was living in Anzoategui and still have a lot of stuff there but God knows what Podrido is going to do.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giacomo Tomaselli
Mar 17
Hola Ladislao.
Me alegra mucho que estés por España.
Me encantaria encontrarme contigo pero desde Diciembre me mude a Londres.
Mi numero es  +44 7721 735552.
Cordiales saludos
Giacomo 


Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:56:28 +0000
From: kertesz11@yahoo.com
Estimado Giacomo,
Estoy en Valencia donde vive mi hijo Jozsef viendo las Fallas .
Pronto visitare a Csaba Jakobszen, si logro comunicarme con el.
Tienes un numero??
El celular mio aqui en españa es el +34 657 54 51 22
Saldre pronto para ver la mascleta.
Saludos
Ladislao Kertesz
Editor Circular MSB
Dear Giacomo,
I am in Valencia where my son Jozsef lives.  I am watching the Fallas.
Soon I shall visit Csaba Jakobszen, if I can communicate with him.
Do you have a cell number??
My cell here in Spain is +34 657 54 51 22
I shall soon leave the house to see the Mascleta.
Regards,
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 3:55 PM, Giacomo Tomaselli <captaingiaco@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hola A Todos,
Mis padres tenian una pizzeria heladeria en Caraballeda, Venezuela.
Atentamente 
Giacomo Tomaselli


Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 01:03:59 +0000
From: kertesz11@yahoo.com
Andres esta curioso, como también el Circular
Ladislao


From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 14:30:08 +0000
Hello Andres,
Many guys knew him well, all the younger ones,
Cheers, adios,
glen.


To: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 15:49:08 -0400
What happened to him?
Did he die?
Or, are you looking for him to kick his fat ass.
Tony
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Photos:
Bandit p17 The Early Times
13LK0003FB Graham Gonsalves and family
14RD4833RDA, Ronald D´Abadie
15LK0317LKE, Ladislao Kertesz in Valencia Spain



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.