Saturday 14 March 2015

Circular No 697









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 14 of March 2015 No. 697
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
I am vacationing in Spain,
The trip has been very interesting, left Caracas on the 12th of March for Madrid, uneventful flight.
Was met by my son at the airport and later saw for the first time my first grandson.
Guess what, his name is also Ladislao and he is the fourth in line with the same name.
This causes a bit of confusion when his wife calls or talks to the child.
All three of us look up at the call, Ladislao.
Went in the afternoon to some shopping malls to stretch my legs and improve my sight.
The sight of all the groceries, colours etc., made me feel sad, because makes me think of all the hardship that we have in Venezuela just to get a pound of meat, sugar, toilet paper and even cheese, as there in no milk available.
But is nice to see all the dozens of colours, labels and products to feast my eyes.
Did shopping for my favourite products, so as not to forget what they tasted like when we had them in Venezuela.
We went to the clothing stores to buy dressing goods that are scarce and are not available in Caracas.
Hope to be able to visit Csaba Jakobszen, he lives just some metro stations away
And make a call to Clive Bettencourt, who is out of my reach in Murcia.
Also to Gicomo Tomaselli, who is in the Balearic Islands.
Leaving Madrid on Monday for Valencia where my other son lives.
Have a look at:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: amickiew@att.net
Subject: TODAY IN MSB....IF STILL OPEN?????
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:39:00 -0600
THROWING A LITTLE “CONTROVERSY” INTO THE MIX CONSIDERING OUR WORLD TODAY
WHAT DO Y’ALL OPINE ON THE CHANGING TIMES PER BELOW?
“Wesleyan University, once a Christian school, is now offering campus housing for 15 different alternative sexualities, also known as "LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM." It has a specific place for sadomasochists, but straight males looking to join a men-only fraternity are out of luck.”
AT THE VERY LEAST….WOULD MSB BE CO-ED TODAY IF IT STILL EXISTED?
I KNOW……I AM NOW EXPELLED, EXCOMMUNICATED AND NO LONGER A KNIGHT
JUST TRYING TO GET THE JUICES FLOWING AND CREATING NEW INTERESTING AND CONTROVERSIAL MATERIAL FOR LADISLAO TO POST!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------..
Nigel Boos
Feb 16
Dear Edgar,
Please accept my sympathy at the death of your father.
May he rest in peace.
Nigel Boos
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: coscarartsalvador@hotmail.com
Subject: Blessings to all. Bendiciones a todos
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:08:07 -0600
Tengo el penoso deber de anunciarles del Fallecimiento del SeƱor MOFFIE (papa) de Edgar, Christian, Andres Eloy (RIP) y Familia.
Fallecio hoy 10 de febrero a las 2 de la tarde en San Tome ,Venezuela. 
I have the sad news to bring you that Mr MOFFIE, Father of Edgar, Christian, Andres Eloy (RIP) and family has passed away today February 10th at 2:00 pm in San Tome, Venezuela.
May God have him in his eternal glory, and strength to his family.
God bless you all. 
Salvador Coscarart.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:56:46 -0500
Subject: Re: FW: Blessings to all. Bendiciones a todos
From: grrcambell8@gmail.com
Condolences to the Moffie family.
Your sons were dear friends whom I will always remember, while we lived together at the Mount.
Gerry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Re: Blessings to all. Bendiciones a todos
From: gevelyn1@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 11:15:32 -0600
Remember him from San Tome, a kind, caring human being always willing to help us out saludos
Edgar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Feb 13, 2015, at 10:55 AM,
Glen Mckoy <mckoy43glen@hotmail.com> wrote:
Mi Hermano Y Mi Amigo, Sir Edgar,
So sorry to read this message about your father. 
Your brother Sir Eloy, was a big brother and was a good friend.   
We must remember our brother Sir Edgar in our prayers, may God Bless and protect you and your family, at this moment, 
Amen. 
We Love You, My Brother.  
Your Abbey Family. 
Yours Faithfully -  
Glen McKoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Gmail Jan
Mar 11 at 2:25 PM
Robert,
I struck on this MSB alumni thing too on the internet a few years ago.
I don’t know you, I left in summer ‘67.
But you mention some guys I was with, like Specs and Dvorak, Laughlin.
Maybe you mean Paul Quesnel instead of Peter?
He was a prefect, he was from the cacao plantation if you would go west from MSB beyond the White Stones down hill.
Never went that far.
Are you from French Guyana?
In the 60s I was in Surinam.
There is a lot of gold industry in the interior of Surinam near the border with Fr. G. along the Marowini river.
Part of the year I stay in France and enjoy the Schengen agreement that naturalize and learning Franch is not obligatoire .
Keep well, much greetings
Jan Koenraadt MSB ‘63-‘67.
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mar 11, 2015, at 1:36 PM, Robert PREVOT <r.prevot@orange.fr> wrote:
Nigel, 
Thanks a lot,
You bring me back 45 years ago that really touches me, I think none of us will forget this time.
In case you have other pictures send them for me, if anyone has picture of our class, form 3, 68/69 that will be nice
So long,
Robert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Nigel Boos
Mar 10
Robert,
Perhaps, the boy whose name you remember might have been Nigel Gomes (MSB Grad 1972?)
I’m forwarding your note to some of the Old Boys.
Thanks for spending the time to explain your situation to us.
This is very interesting.
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mar 10, 2015, at 1:35 PM,
Robert PREVOT <r.prevot@orange.fr> wrote:
Hi Nigel,
I'm sure in my time we had a Nigel - I'll find his name, so I'm from French Guiana not Guyana. I'm a transportation manager for a bus company (school children, transport of people working at Kourou by the space base, transport with Limo (when important people (Minister, Chairman of big company when the Base sending rocket with satellite)  garbage truck, grass truck, and a company cutting grass on the road. (160 workers in 4 companies)
I'm married - 3 children, one of my children is a robotic engineer in Boston, one girl is a notary, and the last - she's at university. They all speak, read and write better English than I do.
What I still remember of MSB - I remember Father Bernard, Father Cuthbert, Father Martin who was my French teacher in form 3, and I remember a teacher who got killed in a house.  I forgot the name, he used to live in the small path we take to go to the field, I remember Miss Marcus, at the refectory.
I remember Molly, one of the maids.
Rafael Echeverria and Kitty Marcus
When the band was practicing I used to play drum with them, with Mick McCartney,
I will send pictures of me and my company.
Soon I'll try to get pictures from MSB boys 68/69/70
Before I forget I don't know if any of you remember, when TRINIDAD had problem, some guys from the REGIMENT(army) came to our school? (Robert is probably referring to the 1970 Black Power troubles - Nigel)
It's time for me to go back to work
Later
R. P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Mar 10, 2015, at 6:43 PM,
Robert PREVOT <r.prevot@orange.fr> wrote:
Nigel,
Thanks for the pictures.  I have some of them already.  The pictures that I need are pictures of 1968/69/70.  If you have some of them, that'll be very nice.
Thank in advance
Robert
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Nigel Boos
Mar 10
Robert (de V),
This guy, Robert Prevot, is an MSB Old Boy who has now surfaced after many years of our searching for him.
He lives in French Guiana (or is it Guyana?) and we’re slowly learning about him.
I’ve asked him to fill us in on the who, where, what, when and why of his life, but until then all I can assure you is that HE AIN’T YOU. You’re right!
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------------
TO BE CONTINUED No. 698
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
Photos:
Bandit p16 The Early Times
15LK0001FALLAS, Ladislao Kertesz in Valencia Spain.
51WD0001AIRSCOUTS, Air Scouts members UNKNOWNS
51WD0002MONKS, Monks after the ordination of Fr. Abbot van Duin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.