Saturday 21 February 2015

Circular No 694









Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 21 February 2015 No. 694
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here is another detective work done on a photo taken in the 50´s.
Can you give us the input for the UNKNOWNS?
I have made two changes to the suggested list. The guy with the glasses is a Webster, maybe Christopher and I included myself Ladislao Kertesz, talking to Fr. Augustine.
I am waiting on your verdict.
------------------------------------------------------------------.
Nigel Boos
Feb 9
Eddie, Tony, Joe, Stuart.
I hope this finds you in good health.
Can you help with any more identifications?
Thanks for trying.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------.
From Don
1.         ?
2.         ?
3.         Enrique Castells
4.         may be Lawrence Scott
5.         Russel Cunha
6.         Fr Augustine
7.         Edward Lloyd
8.         ?
9.         ?
10.       Peter Da Costa
11.       Franklin Kerry
12.       Bernard Fontaine
13.       Albert Ross
14.       Ronald Marchuck
15.       Anthony Vieira
16.       Peter Alkins
17.       Don Mitchell
18.       Michael ‘Joe” Azar
19.       Harold de Pass
20.       Howard Ho
21.       Stuart Prior
22.       Humphrey Ho Koon
23.       Michael M.J. De Verteuil
24.       Anthony Seheult
25.       Many be a de Verteuil?
Don
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Howard
Sent: Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:03 PM
2 - I’m sure he went on to be a pilot, but if 19 is Harold de Pass, he emigrated to Australia to work the mines...
I lost track of him after that....
Re Anguilla, maybe I'll be the 2nd :)... just returned from Trinidad......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Don Mitchell
Sent: ‎2/‎8/‎2015 6:48 PM
I think you have Harold de Pass down right.
He was the only Mount Boy I know who wanted to be a commercial pilot. 
He went on to some success, flying I believe first with BWIA and later with BOAC. 
Until further news, perhaps Ladislao can tentatively enter the names on the photo. 
I shall change the photo on the website when he lets me have the updated photo:
I am looking forward to having my first Mount Boy visit in April. 
He is Brian Goddard, a couple of years ahead of our cohort.
Thanks again,
Don
 -------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Howard
Sent: Sunday, February 8, 2015 8:22 PM
I think I can 😊.. 11 - maybe Franklin Kerry,  22 - maybe Ho Koon,  14 - maybe Kong Tin,
2- I can't believe I can't remember his name... he lived in St Agustine and was very interested in aircraft and becoming a pilot,  19 - maybe Harold de Pass, ...
I need to stare at photo some more!.....
I still need to get to Anguilla :) .....
All the best, Howard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Don Mitchell
Sent: ‎2/‎8/‎2015 5:35 PM
Come on, Howard. With your steel-grip memory :-) you must be able to add a few more?
Don
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: baknal
Sent: Sunday, February 8, 2015 5:59 PM
Yup, 20 is Howard Ho....
-------- Original message --------------------------------------------
From: Don Mitchell <idmitch@anguillanet.com>
Date:02/08/2015 2:48 PM (GMT-06:00)
Hi, Robert,
I think you have something there. Here are my conclusions
#3 is Enrique Castells
#5 may be Russel Cunha
#6 is Fr Augustine
#7 is Edward Lloyd
#12 is Bernard Fontaine
#15 may be Terry-John Vieira
#16 may be Peter Alkins
#17 is Don Mitchell
#18 is Michael Azar
#20 may be Howard Ho
#23 is Michael BJ De Verteuil
#24 may be Anthony Seheult
Don
 -----------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Robert Huggins
Sent: Sunday, February 8, 2015 2:29 PM
Hi Don,
I am going to try to help, so forgive me if I make errors.
# 3 could be Gerard Pampellone or Gerard Anderson ??
#5 ??Eden
# 7 Might be one of the deverteuil’s from St. Lucia.
# 11 ?? Kerry (Ithink)
# 20 definitely not Gordon Mitchell
# 14 Ronald or Michael Marchuck
# 16 John Alkins??
#23 Richard or Michael Deverteuil
#19 Looks like Harold dePass ??
#22 Looks like Humphry HooKoon
#20 Richard Galt????
Hope this jolts some memories.
Regards,
Robert
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Don Mitchell
Sent: Sunday‎, ‎February‎ ‎08‎, ‎2015 ‎8‎:‎45‎ ‎AM
Hi, Gordon,
I know that is not you in the photo. Can you identify any of the unnamed students?  Any idea what year the photo might have been taken?
It would be good if we could give Ladislao some of the missing names.
Keep well.
Don
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
How was Carnival??  Any stories?
------------------------------------------------------------------.
Photos:
Bandit p13 The Early Times
65LK1784FB,  Christopher Webster and wife Cheryl Ann
2nd MSB Scout Troop, PTT by Nigel Boos [Separately published]
57BF0006CLASSGRP, Bernard Fontaine - photo with changes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.